Saturday 22 February 2014

The law of the garbage truck

One day I hopped in a taxi
and we took off for the airport.
We were driving in the right
lane when suddenly a black
car jumped out of a parking
space right in front of us. My
taxi driver slammed on his
brakes, skidded, and missed
the other car by just inches!

The driver of the other car
whipped his head around and
started yelling at us. My taxi
driver just smiled and waved
at the guy. And I mean, he
was really friendly. So I
asked, 'Why did you just do
that? This guy almost ruined
your car and sent us to the
hospital!' This is when my taxi
driver taught me what I now
call, 'The Law of the Garbage
Truck'.

He explained that many
people are like garbage
trucks. They run around full of
garbage, full of frustration, full
of anger, and full of
disappointment. As their
garbage piles up, they need a
place to dump it and
sometimes they'll dump it on
you. Don't take it personally,
just smile, wave, wish them
well, and move on. Don't take
their garbage and spread it to
other people at work, at home,
or on the streets.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment